Substitutes Needed – Multi-Borough Opportunity
We are a trusted childcare staffing agency based in Brooklyn, New York that offers its employees flexible schedules, ongoing support, and opportunities for continuing professional development.
We are currently hiring substitutes for all levels including Teacher’s Assistant, Infant-Toddler teacher, Preschool teacher, and Director.
The Company: Child Care Staffing exists to bring exceptional educational professionals and childcare centers together to provide the best learning environment for children to thrive and grow. We truly believe that our highly trained and qualified teachers, professionals, and staff that come through our doors make all the difference in a child’s education and growth. We are known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
Why Should You Apply?
If you are an individual with a passion for early childhood education looking to further your career in the early childhood industry, Child Care Staffing is your go-to agency for finding the child care center that matches best with your goals.
A current CCS substitute teacher says…
“So blessed to be a part of this agency. Massive shoutout to Marlene! She’s been by my side since day one. Definitely recommend this agency to anyone seeking to expand their teaching experience.” – Carlos
Benefits of working with Child Care Staffing:
You have complete control over your schedule. You can plan to set “non-work days” and choose which assignments to take on a case-by-case basis. If your personal schedule varies from week to week, it is easy to modify your weekly schedule to fit your other obligations.
Our user-friendly scheduling app makes it easy for you to select assignments, submit timesheets, and track hours worked, allowing for a seamless payment method.
- Competitive wages
- Gain valuable experience working in various daycare centers
- Simple and quick hiring process
The Position: Each substitute teaching assignment is an exciting new experience. You will be teaching in a variety of child care environments, which will keep your workday interesting. Each day will provide fresh experiences and challenges because no two assignments are the same. As a substitute teacher, you will have the opportunity to teach a range of age groups and perform in different roles. You could be teaching preschool one day and covering the Center Director the next.
Some Responsibilities include:
- Attend to children’s basic needs, encourage participation, and ensure the safety of children
- Comply with Child Care Staffing and assigned school’s regulations and policies
- Coordinate and implement developmentally appropriate activities
- Maintain a positive learning environment
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- High School Diploma
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Prior experience working with young children in a daycare setting
- Open to working in a fast-paced environment; able to jump right in and adapt to new conditions
- Must be punctual and reliable
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- 2+ years of experience working with children in a professional setting
- Frequent walking, sitting, standing, and stooping may occur; ability to lift to 30 pounds may be required
- Ideally, candidates have completed or are enrolled in an education program, either undergraduate or graduate. However, this is not a disqualifying factor and we encourage you to apply
The Location: Multiple locations – willingness to travel required
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $15.00 – $25.00 per hour