Safe Children, Stable Families, Successful Lives.
At CMCS (Cardinal McCloskey Community Services), our mission is to protect, empower and promote independence for at-risk children and families and those with developmental disabilities through quality community based services. A COA Accredited Agency, CMCS has provided services in locations throughout Westchester and Rockland Counties, as well as the Bronx and Manhattan since 1946.
As a Custodian, you will play an integral role in keeping our premises clean and safe for all employees, families and children we serve. You will oversee all cleaning, inventory/storage, upkeep of equipment and minor repairs needed while on shift. Typical job duties include sweep, mop, wax floor, garbage removal, assist with food service as needed, upkeep of sanitary and cleaning supplies, lifting and re-arranging furniture. This role will interface with various employees, families and children- good communication skills, professional demeanor and discretion is required.
Education & Experience:
• H.S Diploma and FDNY certifications required (F07 and S95)
• Valid NYS Driver’s License and access to own vehicle
• 2-3 years of relevant experience in similar position
• Experience cleaning in a school setting is preferred
• This role requires a great deal of physical activity; lifting up to 75lbs, standing, bending, pulling and constant movement on foot. You may also be exposure to outdoor weather.
• Daily access to reliable transportation to Bronx, NY. Flexible with assigned work location(s) and work hours assigned. No remote option available.
• Ability to pass and maintain acceptable record related to your qualifications and mandated criminal background check process.
COVID Vaccine Required!
CMCS offers an excellent, comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, generous paid time off, in-service training, flexible work schedules, and competitive salaries. At CMCS, we believe in creating progressive career paths for our staff and provide advanced training to promote constant growth and change.