Join a Team Where your Work Truly Makes a Difference.
At CMCS (Cardinal McCloskey Community Services), our mission is to protect, empower and promote independence for at-risk children and families and those with developmental disabilities through quality community based services.
As an Assistant Teacher, you will play an integral role in providing classroom coverage in the absence of teachers and supporting various classroom functions at all of our sites under the guidance of our education staff. Our Assistant Teachers will also responsible for active supervision of children, participate in daily educational programs, record-keeping, while providing a variety of skills and facilitating developmental activities for the continued success of the Head Start- program.
- Caring, upbeat personality.
- An Associate in Early Childhood Education or
- HS Diploma and Child Development Association (CDA) Credential.
- Up to 1 year of relevant experience working with children ages birth-4 in a classroom setting.
- Early Childhood/Head Start experience is preferred.
- Daily access to reliable transportation to Bronx, NY. Flexible with assigned work location(s).
- Ability to pass and maintain acceptable record related to the mandated criminal background check process.
CMCS offers excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, generous paid time off, flexible work schedules.