Join a Team Where your Work Truly Makes a Difference.
At CMCS (Cardinal McCloskey Community Services), our mission is to protect, empower and promote independence for at-risk children and families and those with developmental disabilities through quality community based services.
As Major Gifts Officer you will play an important role as a member of the Philanthropy Team you will be responsible for securing financial resources for Cardinal McCloskey Community Services (CMCS) by soliciting gifts of more than $10,000. The Major Gifts Officer will identify, engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of current and prospective donors to expand their financial support of the work of Cardinal McCloskey Community Services. The Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for meeting and exceeding annual revenue targets by working with an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects to advance the mission of the organization and assist donors in creating meaning in their lives through giving to CMCS.
- Caring, upbeat personality.
- Advanced degree preferred, a suitable combination of education/experience will be considered.
- 5+ years of fundraising experience, with significant expertise with the local funding community.
- Progressive experience in successful Development programs and knowledge of “best practices” in Development.
- Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences.
- Must be proficient in basic computer functions and applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- Bi-Lingual or Multi-Lingual a plus.
CMCS offers excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, generous paid time off, flexible work schedules.