Column Technical Services is seeking a well-versed Credentialing Specialist with hospital credentialing background to join a growing team with inspiring management at one of New York’s most renowned and reputable healthcare organization in NYC. It’s time to take your career to the next level. This position allows for hybrid work. Ideal candidates must reside in New York, NY, or New Jersey. You are encouraged to apply today to learn more.
- Responsible for data entry and review of credentialing files; upload files to database, and ensure files are complete and accurate.
- Compiles and maintains current and accurate data for all providers.
- Completes provider credentialing, credentialing applications, and reappointments; monitors applications and follows-up as needed.
- Maintains copies of current state licenses, DEA certificates, malpractice coverage and any other required credentialing documents for all providers.
- Ensures credentialing functions meet applicable NCQA standards.
- Ensure data accuracy and validity through comprehensive review and evaluation of information.
- Comprehensive understanding of requirements and processes involved with the maintenance, updating, and activation of healthcare providers’ licenses.
- Navigate web-based software-applications, upload/download files, access shared drives, utilize Outlook and Microsoft applications, and attend WebEx and Zoom calls.
- Update portfolios, which includes uploading PDF files into the credentialing software.
- Create spreadsheets on Excel for organizing data and reporting.
- Initially this person will shadow a current analyst to learn the job process and procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must have a positive, professional demeanor to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- The candidate must have at least 3+ years’ experience with Hospital credentialing background experience is preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and customer service communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail are a must as you will review and analyze detailed documents.
- Must be a team player, be proactive, tech savvy, able to work independently and self-motivated.
- Technically savvy and skilled with Excel, MS Outlook, Internet Research, Shared Drives and PDF files, formatting/uploading. documents and navigating virtual meetings.
- Experience with Credentialing software.
- Familiarity with CVs (curriculum vitae), PDF images and license verification documents.
- Associate Degree or bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Completed Vaccination Required Upon Hire.